With a new year comes a new beginning and a bunch of resolutions. I mentioned one of them very briefly yesterday, but here’s the full list. Most of my resolutions are focused on getting a little more organized (this isn’t just true for my crafty resolutions, but also for my personal resolutions) and keeping everything that way. Another important focus for my year 2014 is down-sizing. I have too many things and i want to get rid of them!
1. Finish a WIP (work-in-progress) before starting something new.
2. Keep the number of WIPS below 5! (I have around 15 at the moment, so number 1 has to be postponed for a while. See, down-sizing!)
3. Don’t randomly buy yarn (unless it has an immediate goal or is very very nice).
4. Destash (–> I will be going “Cold Sheep” for a while. I can’t buy new yarn unless i’ve used up some of the old yarn. 5 skeins out means a new one can come in!)
5. Immediately log new yarn into the Ravelry stash section with a clear photo.
6. Keep the stash organized. If i grab something, but don’t need it after all, put it back neatly. In trend with this resolution I will be cleaning out all my closets to give the stash a nicer home. I have a lovely brown cabinet with glass doors that would be perfect for storing the fancy yarns and all my needles, fabrics and my sewing machine.
7. Learn to sew! I have had a sewing machine from my gran for a while, but I have yet to use it, even though I really want to! So this year I’m going to figure out how it works and start sewing! There is a local fantasy festival , that is getting pretty huge and I have a dream of sewing a impressively massive dress complete with hoop skirts, petticoats, corsets and the like.
8. I want to design more of my own patterns. I have a bunch of great ideas that I would love to see becoming reality. I’m going to keep track of my ideas, swatches and the like in a lovely new notebook so I can keep it all organized.
9. I want to start writing more. I’m going to be doing a literary university study starting in september as I’ve always had dreams of wringing a book. I have the inspiration to write, i just never get around to it. No more! But that means i have to pass all my subject this year in school so i also have to work a little bit harder from now on!
10. I read an insane amount of books every year. Some i love, some are just okay and others are just blah. I’m going to start posting some of my reviews here (yay, writing practice!) to share my experiences with you!
Will i have time to do it all? I really hope so, but only time will tell.