This post has been a while in the making, but to be honest I was a little unsure how to go about it. You see, I’m horrible at taking a compliment and I recently received a rather large compliment for my itty bitty baby blog! So I took some time to consider how to proceed as I want to do my post concerning this justice.
The compliment I am referring to is the fact that the lovely Graycrochet nominated me for a Liebster blog award. Thank you so so much! I was never ever expecting something like this and mostly blog for myself as a sort of diary, but with the thought that I can use it to practice my English and my writing and that it might amuse others. My blog is still very new and still in the development stages.
I recommend all of you to take a look at her blog. She is quite crafty and makes some amazing things!
The award does not mean that I get a shiny silver plaque, but it something much nicer: recognition. The fact that someone likes my blog enough to give me an award is a great compliment and greatly motivating!
There are some rules:
- Thank and link back to the blogger who presented you with the award. (Check! See above)
- List 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer 11 random questions
- Create 11 random questions for your nominees
- Present/nominate a Liebster Blog Award to more newbie bloggers! (no tag backs)
11 Random facts about myself
- I’m 21 and still sleep with a toy bunny that I’ve had since birth. No shame. It helps me sleep more comfortably, so why shouldn’t I. Once I have a boyfriend to cuddle with it can go into retirement.
- I only started crochet on new years eve! And learned to knit in January. Yet I cannot imagine life without either anymore.
- My lives dream is to write a book. Preferably a fantasy book as I love the genre myself!
- I’m currently in the process of writing up a “bucket list”. This is a list in which I list all the things I still wish to do. For example: I would love to go to Japan and would love to jump out of a plane with just a parachute strapped to my back.
- I’m deathly afraid of insects and bugs. Spiders, beetles, worms, etc… Brrrr! They gross me out with their slimy skin and too many legs. I don’t even like butterflies!
- I love tea! Ever since I got a huge travel mug from Starbucks last Christmas I have constantly been sipping tea from it. A good thing because it helps me drink enough every day. I love my mug! It keeps my tea warm for a long time, which is great when you’re a slow drinker like me!
- I love historical drama’s. I’m currently on the 4th season of the Tudors and am planning to watch the Borgias, Vikings and Downton Abbey.
- I am a book-aholic. I’m addicted to reading. I read daily and I read very fast. I’ve managed to read 100 books in 3 months before!
- Blood makes me queasy. Fun story: one night at a school party after a few drinks a friend slipped on a set of stairs and fell down them. There was a lot of glass on the stairs and she sliced up her leg. I had had a few drinks, but was doing fine. Upon seeing her wound and the blood I got very very sick and spent the rest of the night vomiting. The school janitor ended up driving my friend to hospital and me home. Quite embarrassing! And one of the reasons I no longer drink when going out just to get drunk. Those days are definitely behind me!
- I used to self harm and I had a severe depression. Not a very fun fact, but, to me, a very important one. Self harm is still very much a taboo topic, but I’m not ashamed of my past. As a matter of a fact I wouldn’t change a thing as I feel this has greatly shaped who I am today. And while on the topic: If you are struggling today, never feel afraid to send me an email or strike up a chat. I’m always willing to talk!
- I’m positive that I will not live in The Netherlands for the rest of my life. I’m planning to move abroad after my studies.
11 Random Questions
- If you crochet, what is your favorite pattern to date? If you don’t, what is your favorite crafty thing that you or someone else has made? Ooh this is quite a though question! I haven’t made a lot of things yet, but have realized that I really really love making blankets. Currently I am completely in love with the Temair Throw by Nicky Epstein. I haven’t made it yet, but am planning to. I will however edit it slightly to make it a bit larger.
- What is your favorite meal to cook? My favorite food is rice with a sweet and sour sauce with extra peaches. My parents and sister don’t really care for it, so if I want to eat it, I usually have to make it myself. I’ve made it so often and it smells ever so nice that it has to be my favorite! Although I really like baking too!
- Who is your favorite band/singer? Another though one! I like a lot of different styles of music. A few of my current favorites: Celtic woman, Muse, Loreena Mckennitt, Phildel, Destine and Imagine dragons.
- Glass half empty or half full? I try to always see the glass as half full. Sometimes it might take me a minute or two, but I can always find a positive side to things.
- What is the main purpose of your blog? My main purpose is to create a space for myself to write and share my craft projects. A secondary purpose is to help practice my writing and keep up my English.
- When not blogging, what are some of your favorite websites to visit/hang out at? I’m addicted to Ravelry. It’s one of the reasons my projects don’t get finished faster!
- Incense, candles, or room spray? And what flavor? I like candles in the winter and prefer berry scents or, if it’s particularly cold out, a warm vanilla scent.
- If you could pick one superpower for a single day, what would it be and why? I’d like to be able to talk to animals. I have always loved animals, but it’s hard to guess what they are thinking sometimes. How amazing would it be to just be able to ask them!
- If you could go back in time and talk to anyone from the history books, who would you choose and why? I should really like to meet my grandfathers. Unfortunately they both passed away before I was born and I don’t know that much about them. There are many other times and people I would like to visit, but I think this visit might benefit me most and turn out to be a lot more significant.
- What is your favorite animal? Not pet, but animal. I have a fondness for the tiger. They are so majestic and graceful yet so powerful.
- What is your favorite memory from your childhood? I was rather a wild kid and had a great childhood and so have many great memories. But the one that I remember most and that still gets brought up a family dinners every now and then is that I am extremely curious and also was so as a child. This resulted in me asking questions all the time. My father had a videocamera. One of those old ones where you had to look through a lens in a sort of tube. this seemed very fun to me and in all our old videos you can now hear me asking “Can I look through it?” a few times. Even now I often find myself wanting to be involved when someone is filming or taking pictures haha!
- What is your favorite food and where did you first eat it?
- What is the one thing you want to do before you die?
- What song has a emotional value for you and why?
- If you could talk to yourself when you were 15 what would you tell yourself?
- What is currently the closest object to you on your right?
- The zombie apocalypse breaks out. What do you do?
- If you could turn into an animal which one would that be and why?
- If you could not have been named what you are named now, what would you have liked to be called?
- What do you like to do in your spare time?
- Do you have any weird traits?
- Paper or digital?
- To live a life – The sweet Anya writes amazingly and I love reading her blog! It’s not really a newbie anymore, but I felt it only right to mention her anyway.
- Crochet Nirvana – This is a blog I have recently discovered and I love it! The blog started in April 2012, but never received the award so I felt it my responsibility to change that!
- Beauty Sparkles – Unfortunately for some of you this blog is only in Dutch, but I wanted to get her some recognition anyway. I have a passion for make up and nail polish and so like to keep informed on what’s new. The lovely Sofie has only been blogging since november, but her blog is in perfect shape and is very professional.
- Birdie Girl Knits – Brand spanking new and I love it already. Her style is so nice and I can’t wait to see what other things we can expect.
I hope they will feel as motivated as I did when I received the award!
Lots of love,